Monday 14 January 2013

I have seemed to be busy the last week or so, i have been applying for jobs including a fun casting job to be an extra in a film! helloooo Hollywood! ha i wish!
I have also started sewing again to help with the lack of clothing and shopping ban. Nathan and i also booked a holiday for Perth later this month but this post is really about today i started work on a sweet 1940's dress. I bought my pattern off etsy and the fabric is an old doona cover i had bought for $3 at an op shop, talk about bargain fabric! I have also started making some homemade buttons out of polymer clay and these cute molds to which i also purchased on etsy. I think i have been doing really well in my not buying new thing, so far so good. I shall post more as i go along as i have only cut the pieces out and tacked the darts. i cant wait to show you the finished product.

*please excuse my poorly manicured hands at the moment 






1 comment:

  1. Those button molds are really neat, I haven't seen any like that before! I have some ivory buttons that look really similar to the ones you made, so maybe they were made with the same process. I am excited to see how your dress turns out! And thanks so much for all of the fabulous comments!

    Ivy

    ReplyDelete